Thursday 19 April 2018

Maelok the Dreadbound Painted


This model marks a first for me! This is the first Warlock I have ever painted! He is also ridiculously detailed, I kept thinking he was done and then I would find another detail that needed sorting,,,



The ripped up skin all down his body was interesting to paint, I don't often paint battle damage.


I decided to paint the candles in three different colours, I was originally planning to paint them all the same but changed my mind part way through as I bought a Blind Walker and started painting it as well realising that it wouldn't look very good if I painted it with only one candle colour and I wanted them to be tied together visually with the same colour candles. 



He has a bunch of junk tied to his waist...
Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures...


The ripped open ribcage part was esecially fun to paint, I got to combine the way I paint bone with the torn skin areas and then the scales beyond that. A bit tricky but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

What do you think of my version of Maelok? I am looking forward to trying him out in game, plus he will make a great antagonist for the IKRPG...

No comments:

Post a Comment